I've decided today I am on my way to becoming my mother. I know most of you are shocked by that and had never considered before that there might be any similarities between us, but I'm afraid it's true. I'm not complaining...in fact, I'd like to think I'll be as impactful and strong of a woman as she is someday. Perhaps you wonder what made this come to mind today specifically? It was on my return home from Bible Study that I found myself drinking unsweetened grapefruit juice and actually enjoying it. I only bought it because it was marked down and good for me, but expected it to be horrid. On the contrary, I enjoyed it. That was after I drank my coffee black for the ump-teenth time today. We're on dangerous grounds here. Next thing you know I'll marry a great man and have 2 amazing children. What is this world coming to?!? haha. As much as I joke about this, my likeness to my mother really went through my mind when I took my first enjoyable sip of grapefruit juice tonight mostly because I used to always joke with her about how disgusting it is.
Today we worked at Dom Bosco as part of their English Fun Day. We operated the "Bosco Cafe" which was 4 tables set up to look like a little restaurant. The kids had to successfully order a biscuit (aka British english for 'cookie') and a drink in English. It lasted for 2 hours and consisted of both the 5th and 6th grades. Some of my students got really excited to see me, even if they weren't at my table. It's always nice to feel like kids still love and appreciate you when you demand respect out of them as a teacher. There was a table of girls not from any of my classes that told me I was beautiful as they were leaving. That's also nice to hear :) Dom Bosco gave us a free drink and a bag of greasy dumplings and chicken wings as thank yous. They really are sweet staff, and the priest always has the biggest grin or laugh on his face. Too cute.
My morning was one of those wrong side of the bed mornings, so I went to Starbucks for drip and lunch of a cinnamon bun. Danishes here tend not to be as sweet, even at a multinational chain like Starbucks. It was lovely to sit, people watch, and write some poetry.
Cora really was my magical Tuesday pick-me-up. Tuesdays to me are like everyone elses Monday, so it's nothing to worry about. We talked about salad and make up...see I told you her curiosity is amazing...how did we get from one topic to the other? Who knows, but time was flying and she was learning and taking notes. I LOVE feeding excitement to learn.
At Bible study tonight, we continued the book of Ephesians. These 2 verses are like rally verses that really kick a lot of punch...hopefully they put some punch into your day and/or defeating your struggles today: Ephesians 3:20-21, "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." More than we imagine...Intense stuff. All I'm saying is that if the Bible were a comic book, this is the part God would insert a bubble that said, "SHIZAAM!"
Don't underestimate what He can do. Just don't.
1 comment:
i knew i married you for a reason....oops!!!!!! dll
Post a Comment