Today was quite fantastic. It was a day full of curious college students. Yeehaw!
I started this morning co-teaching Nursing with Athena. I covered the Grammar portion with a recycled lesson I'd used for another of the Nursing sections. I LOVE recycled lessons that are fun and educational. And if you know me, you know I thrive on opportunities to teach and make people laugh. Both were accomplished. Athena covered the Writing portion (the second hour) of class because she also had a recyclable lesson. Go teamwork!
After lunch, Cora and I met to have language exchange. She was matching definitions for her American History and Culture class. You'd be interested, I think, to know Iroquois, Inauguration, and Jack Daniels were all things she was matching and defining. There'll be no understanding America without Tennessee Whiskey, of course. haha. She was a bit confused about the difference between wine and whisky. I have talked about bourbon and whisky a lot since I've been in Macau. Oh, Kentucky (and Tennessee). I love her curiosity and personality.
This evening, I was crunching last minute to get things prepared and copied for the business class. We were covering how to market yourself effectively. We covered a bit on networking, took a personality test, and then prepared and did examples of elevator speeches. One of the trainers sat in on my class, and I feel like it made my students (and myself a bit) lock up. It was like everyone was nervous to do wrong. His intentions were great, and he was there to give me constructive feedback notes, but it just registers more that you have an audience when some sort of superior taking notes is involved. I'm interested to hear his feedback.
I bought USA organic baby spinach tonight. Yep, cost me a fortune compared to local veggies, but I got goat milk feta cheese marked way down the other night, blueberries have dropped in price here, and tomatoes were on sale. Add in a pinch of 'I'm on a diet,' and how could I ever resist one of my favorite dishes?! That's right, all that combines to make a perfectly festive, colorful, healthy treat.
Since I failed to post the picture of the museli muffins yesterday, here they are:
I haven't had any problems with the mousepad yet today. I'm hoping it was just a momentary glitch...that happened across 3 moments.
Have a great day, y'all!
...and I just found this out: please pray for my high school principal/English teacher (Mrs. Shively) and family. She has had a stroke is in a coma.
1 comment:
i can remember my first reader in grade school..."see jack daniels run"...even dr. suess wrote a book called "green eggs and Jack" right???? dll
Post a Comment