When it came time for me to walk to Hou Kong--and almost exactly at that time--it began to rain...hard. I had an umbrella and assumed that it would stop somewhat quickly, so I chose to walk rather than bus it. That may not have been the best decision. It was one of those rains where people hide in stores and under overhangs and stare in awe of the people taking the streets, wondering if you're clinically insane or if you what crazy important thing you have to get to. For me it was teaching, and at least I had on a knee length skirt that dodged some of the wet. It provided an opportunity for me to teach my students 'wet' and 'dry' in sentences as well. The rain was oddly refreshing, though it got into my bag and got my calendar and class papers wet. The smell of the rain took me back to a time when I was little, fishing at Green River, though I don't remember too many details.
For dinner, I tried a dragon fruit and peanut butter sandwich. Odd, perhaps, but not so bad. I got dragon fruit marked down at the grocery the other day and have learned much about it since. Apparently it's a cactus fruit that originated in the Mexico area and was commercialized in Asia (mine was from Taiwan). It's interesting because I always identified it with Asia and don't think I'd had it until I'd been here. It tastes similar to a kiwi...kind of bland.
At Debate tonight, we ended up playing a game. It was the last Debate session of the year. I can't believe we won't see our university students anymore in like 2 weeks. Crazzzzyyyy. Time is flying!
Lauren is home!!!!!! Yay! She brings glad tidings of great masses of herbal teas (but unfortunately no Cheez-its). I'm drinking a cup of dandelion root tea as we speak. It's surprisingly good and supposed to improve digestion, I think. I guess all those roots were worth 5 cents a pop back then, huh Dad?
1 comment:
oh, i never told you about the dandelion wine i made with your cash crop did i ???? dll
Post a Comment