Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Examen info

Here are some of the examen questions I mentioned yesterday:
-For what moment today am I most grateful? For what moment today am I least grateful?
-When did I give and receive the most love today? When did I give and receive the least love today?
-What was the most life-giving part of my day? What was the most life-thwarting part of my day?
-When today did I have the deepest sense of connection with God, others, and myself? When today did I have the least sense of connection?
-Where was I aware of living out of the fruit of the Spirit? Where was there an absence of the fruit of the Spirit?
-Where did I experience 'desolation'? Where did I find 'consolation'?

"The examen makes us aware of moments that at first might easily pass by as insignificant, moments that can ultimately give direction for our lives." -Dennis Linn
It's often easy to remember the really difficult or frustrating parts of our days, but we often forget or look over what goes on the rest of the day. This self-examination of God's presence in our day can help to pinpoint the times that were good that we may not have picked up on while also helping us answer why the bad parts were so difficult for us/ how to handle them better in the future.
And here's the song I referenced http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEbs5ePV_6c.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course examen...it would be an empty word if it were exawomen...jk...dad