I just got a weird look from a guard when I came into my office to blog at 11pm on a Saturday night. Wonder why?
In other news today, a man in an elevator told me he loved me. I've been waiting for this my whole life! Now I can retire early!
Enter: Chelsey and 3 twenty-something latino-ish looking men into hotel elevator. One notices she's a tall white chick (thus, she MUST speak English).
Dude: Hello! Good morning!
Chelsey: Good evening (it was night)
Dude: (insert something that didn't seem to be English but sounded something like 'leadah' here).
Chelsey: I'm sorry, I don't understand.
Dude: (repeats self)
Chelsey: (shakes head) sorry
Dude: I love you
Chelsey: (laughs) I understood that one.
(Enter awkward moment. Chelsey turns to stare at the elevator door. She's relieved to see it's getting closer to their floor)
Dude: leadah (like most men, they repeat things even when women don't get them or tell them to do something otherwise ;) )
Chelsey: Sorry, I still don't understand
Three guys leave elevator, smiling.
Chelsey: goodbye (pushes close door button ASAP)
And that was when I met my true love...we had Latino babies, one of which we were inspired to name Lydia (inspired by 'leadah').
In other news today, we took some more stuff to the apartment. I then bought a book and some scissors. The book was called something like 'The Beauty Bible,' and although it does have great beauty tips from 1996 (really, that's when it was copyrighted), I purchased it mostly for the pictures. I cut out a lot of colorful pics and my room is starting to look a lot more like a home (color, yay!).
While I was at this bookstore, I saw a little Asian girl that reminded me of my cousin Hayley. Although Hayley does not look Asian, this little girl was half talking half singing and wiggle dancing while in the bookstore. Cute.
The firework competition started today. I think it was S. Korea against Canada this weekend. It was good, but no worries 'Thunder', you still win the prize in my heart.
For lunch, the 3 girl ETAs met with a lady and 2 friends that Lauren had met on Couchsurfing, a website that connects people in areas either just to meet new people (have lunch) or because they need a cheap/free place to crash. So we met a lady from Italy and her 2 coworkers from California and Nevada. They were from a school (teaching) in Taipa. The vegetarian restaurant we ate at was delicious and affordable (we get paid this week, yay!). The ladies were really nice, and at the end of dinner they offered us moon cake because the box said something along the lines of 'that is what friends eat together'. They misread that description, which really said, 'that's how to keep friends from getting together.' Haha. I'm kidding. Some people like moon cake. Not many, but some. Okay, I think a lot of Asians enjoy it. Hence, it's popularity. Moon Cake is hard to describe because it's nothing like cake, but it is used for a lot of celebrations in Asia (like the Moon Festival). I will tell you this, it's wrapped in something similar to a pie crust texture, but surrounded on all sides, and the inside can be a variety of things. Today the options were black sesame or some peanut mixed thing. I've had the bean flavored one before in my Chinese class in the U.S. and it tasted like dirt. This time, the peanut one tasted like bacon grease...iggg. I may just have to try to bring some home to the U.S. so that fruit cake won't seem all that bad. You know how in Kentucky, we say 'thank God for Mississippi?" Fruit cake says 'thank God for moon cake.' ...it makes it look good.
Other than Latino love, bacon grease cake mush, and cutting up books, my day was pretty much normal...
I'm excited to maybe post pictures somewhere at some point when I get my apartment completely complete. Mmm redundancy.
Well, I'm going to get out of here before they lock me in....I hope. muahahaha! My favorite day of the week tomorrow!
P.S.--I think I fixed the comment where you can do it without signing in by clicking 'anonymous'...just put your name in the comment so I'll know who you are. :)
1 comment:
My daughter singing and dancing?!?!? Never!!! Hayley only learned from the best. Read her that part and she lit up and then followed by tears saying she misses you (as do we all!)
I have a box of goodies ready to send but waiting on addy.
Keep Bloggin'
Love you-
your favorite cousin
Post a Comment