Today began with nursing, which went well. It was then followed by canteen lunch--it was good. I had some mystery veggie melon dish with pieces of hot dog in it as part of the plate... I helped Cora apply for a summer in Australia (semi-jealous). Then I was supposed to have a meeting with someone who rescheduled some stuff and was less efficient than preferable. All came through in the end though, thankfully, as I had students waiting on the results of that to hear back from me. Nothing like when someone else makes you look ineffective, inefficient, and disorganized, aye? No worries, the students were understanding and it all worked out in the end. After that, I lesson planned for a few hours before heading to Bible Study in Taipa. They had Mississippi Mudslide cake from Lord Stowe's at Bible Study, and it was more like Boston Baked Beans than anything else. Bible Study was still in Ephesians this week and the topic was righteousness, but I feel like we paid more attention to social justice than anything. This came as a result of discussing being lights in the darkness--> revealing evil as a result of being light--> how that happens -->application to reality. It was interesting, but as with anything of that nature it seems to always come back to 'balance,' and we're all seeking the marker that reads 'balance.' I'm not sure anyone but God knows the perfect measure. At the end of the day (and the beginning), I guess that's why the Bible focuses so much on pureness of heart. If you're intentions are good, quite often your actions will follow.
The most significant point of the day came from Luke (a Chinese-Australian acrobat married to Caucasian-Australian Anni, who are quickly becoming some of my favorite people). He was telling us a point that someone else had told him and what he'd taken away from it. He suggested that we hold onto everything God gives us with a flat, open hand. That way, we are good stewards, and also we better understand that God has given it to us and can also easily take it away. Lastly, by not holding things tightly, we acknowledge they are not our top priority. All things are blessings. ...and I don't quite feel I did his explanation and visual justice, but hopefully you get something out of it. I did.
1 comment:
would the mississippi mud cake slide out of your hand if you held it with an open flat hand?! dll
Post a Comment