Thursday, March 29, 2012

D is for daring

Yesterday, I was telling you about my students giving gifts. Today, Cora brought me soap she'd had from her trip to France last year. So sweet. Once again she was drilling me with questions about being a housewife, adoption, etc. Perhaps it's that I'm so incredibly forward about what I think that she finds amusing. That might perhaps be a little more rare to find with women our age in this culture.

Tonight was the last IEBF session. It did make me a little sad. It was kind of like a school girl feels on the last day of school before the summer break--you're excited school is done but realize you may not see the people for a long time. We had sandwiches tonight as kind of a send off celebration. I felt bad for those that didn't get certificates, but it wasn't up to me to change the requirements. That's kinda like how it feels giving a D to my boys at Dom Bosco...but there's a standard for a reason.

After work tonight, Angie and I went to Cafe E.S.Kimo and chatted about some deep stuff she'd been dealing with. I love that kid, but when my mother tells me I think deep--mom, I've got some serious competition out there. Maybe Angie makes me more laid back. Well, it was a good night for a laugh anyway. (Though I'm often on overdose of that anyway).

No comments: