Friday, March 30, 2012

Nga Tim, but 'im

Today was fantastico!

I began the day working from home, then headed to CuppaCoffee to meet up with Sean (the L.A. CouchSurfer) for lunch before he left Macau. I was interested to hear he did the bungee jump off Macau Tower--it's the tallest organized jump in the world. Aye aye aye! We went to lunch at Cafe Nga Tim in Coloanne because I explained the egg tart from Lord Stowe's in Coloanne Village is a must for a complete trip in Macau. He bought lunch as a thank you for my fabulous tour guide skills. Here are our Portuguese dishes--

Coconut chicken--it was so cool that it was in a real coconut! I wanted to eat rabbit, but they were out of it. This was a great alternative :)

Portuguese baked rice with mussels

My second graders were surprisingly well behave today...maybe it was because I spent money. I taught the senses today, focusing on taste. The spending came in when I bought a lemon and some hot peppers so that they could have something to grab that was sour and hot. Go Ms. Hall!

This evening, Angie and I went to House of Dancing Waters--an acrobatic show. The "dancing water" part of the title comes from the pool that is the stage. The seats are in a circle around a deep pool that holds enough water for 5 Olympic Swimming pools apparently. There are several stage floors that go up and down within the pool, boats come up out of the water, and chicks have six packs that make me want to stop eating Angie's popcorn. haha. It was an AMAZING show. The talent level was similar to Zaia as far as the acrobatics, BUT they were doing everything in at least some level of water/wetness...so it took way more precision I think. It was really neat getting to see Luke play his roles and spin around in the air. He was the one that got us the ticket discount--I know him from Bible study. Angie and I also dressed up tonight--Can I just say that I love light dresses that beg to be twirled in? I do. I didn't twirl though as that would have been another show.

After the acrobats and motorcycles wowed us, Angie and I went back to Senado and chatted over some McCafe Fluffies (warm milk with marshmallow foam) and dried sweet potatoes. We had fun and probably laughed too much for our own good.
I'm glad the day is complete and satisfactory :) Thank you, God, for your blessings on me.

No comments: