Friday, March 9, 2012

Should we call it 'Macau'fe instead?

I spoke too soon about the weather. Today was chilly and I was not a fan. That's right, I did not wear my "I love this weather" t-shirt today. Instead, I focused on doing some more research on my project before teaching my little 2nd graders. Fortunately they were well behaved today. That was probably influenced by the fact that they were on camera, but it also helped that I had a fun activity where they could move around. After work, I had to go pick up a movie at the library for an oral exam I have to give next week. Perhaps you remember me mentioning about the regions issue with the Emma movie? If not, there are multiple regions for movies around the world, and these discs only play on devices set for that region. I am in region 3 with a region 1 computer. I'm not sure if the computers at work and at the school are Region 1 or 3, so I'll have to test the videos. I came away with Aladdin and the King of Thieves. I feel like a child again :) Only, it does not work on my computer. I'm hoping it works on the one at work or else I may end up buying another DVD. Call me cheap, but I don't like buying things for work that aren't necessary. Showing a movie during the test isn't necessary, it's just easier on the other teacher when I pull the students out of class to test them. We shall see.

I've made some big purchases this week, so budget kept me mostly indoors tonight---although the weather certainly wasn't beckoning me outside. I went to McCafe as opposed to Starbucks and got myself what is called a Fluffy. It's made for kiddos and it's steamed milk with marshmallow froth on top. It was quite delicious. I'm impressed by how a place like McDonalds pulls off the McCafe part all classy like. I mean their coffee isn't top tier, but look at how pretty they made my drink:


After McDs, I came home to watch Diary of Anne Frank and do some research/planning. It's amazing how petty my life issues seem in comparison to a 13 year old girl living during the Holocaust. I am so very grateful and so blessed to live in this time and this place. Thank you, God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

from aladdin to anne frank, mchuh???dll