Friday, March 2, 2012

Fogtastic

Today was extremely foggy, but the weather was one of those where you wear a sweater and then get toasty. Do you know what that means?!? Warm weather is one it's way!--ish! I was pretty pumped to have the balcony doors open again, though I'm sure I won't be happy to be sweating as much as I will be in a few weeks.

I PIGGED out today on the free lunch we had with the new group of Xin Jiang teachers that are here. One of them is extremely brilliant and well spoken, another I had difficulty understanding and communicating with in English. They're here to train in teaching English, so it will be interesting to see their progress over the next set of weeks. Egg custard buns, which I mistakenly referred to as Mango Buns in the past, set the trend of over-sweeting and smiling for the day.

In my second grade class, I got the kids moving by using a game to teach adding 'ing' to the end of a verb to show it's currently happening.They enjoy moving and I enjoy time passing quickly, so overall it was a success.

I've started a new book called The Wednesday Letters. The husband and wife die in the first like 10 pages, so an FYI on all you happy book lovers, don't read it. I'm interested to see where it leads. After all, most of the lessons we learn in life seemed to be learned looking backward...we'll see where the book takes me if the beginning is also an ending.

Out of the town for the weekend--catch up with you again in a bit!

No comments: