Anyways, I was working into the evening because this morning I got up to make a special cake and sing happy birthday and such--thus, not clocking in until later.
This was the Macau take on funfetti, since I could not find the cake mix here. This is white cake mix with mini M&Ms in the batter.
I also finished a book this evening. I picked it out because it's about a girl who breaks up with a guy who is going to propose to her. Not that anyone I know has a history of break ups, but the intuition is always nice to have. Other story details: the girl experiences the loss of her grandfather after he gets Alzheimer's, though he actually dies of cancer, she quits her job as a lawyer, has problems communicating with her father, and her mother had died when she was 14. The overarching theme and moral of the story though was one that I keep running into recently--embrace the moments you have with those you love. I'm trying my best to do that from far away ;) There was one quote that I will leave from the book. This is from a seen at the grandfather's funeral where a friend from the nursing home is speaking, "'I met Jack when I was an old woman, after my husband died, when I thought a huge part of me had died too,' Ruth says, when it's her turn at the pulpit. 'But Jack changed that for me. He taught me that there is humor in loss and even in death. That those we love stay with us long after they are gone, in a form beyond memory and in a form beyond consciousness. Thank you for teaching me that and for making me laugh every day.'"
So laugh every day, no matter what comes your way, and embrace the moments to laugh with those you love while they are here.
No comments:
Post a Comment