Somehow it always happens that I have my camera when I don't need it and then want it when I don't have it. I've made a habit of carrying it around less recently. That is in part because the over 1700 pictures on my card maxed it out and it took me a bit to figure out where I was going to move those to. This afternoon would have been a great photo opportunity. The weather was AMAZING and I decided to venture toward the sunshiny top of Big Taipa Hill (which I found out today is part of what is called the Taipa Country Park). They have a park, bathroom facilities and a playground towards the top that included something I've not seen before but found quite brilliant--it was a sledding area made on a concrete slope covered in artificial grass. There were only small kiddos (seemingly age 4 max) that were sledding, but they were tackling it with little plastic sleds just as if there was snow and it was 30 degrees.
This morning began heading toward the orphanage. I have finally figured out how to walk there, which takes less time and money than taking the bus (score). I arrived about 20 minutes early, so I took the opportunity to work on the newest library book I've been carting around with me Homecoming. It's written about a German (in fact it was even translated from German) but parts of it take place in America. It is supposed to be something like a mystery/suspense that tackles the dilemma of justice, so we'll see how it turns out.
I helped Lily and Annie with homework at the orphanage. We were working on a book about David Copperfield for Lily and Annie had me help her edit essays about Macau's transportation system. I felt more like a big sister than a tutor as I was quizzing and proofing like another girl in their class might. I'm glad I can contribute to their education as none of the workers there have good enough English even if they want to assist.
We had pumpkin for lunch which was a nice treat. I didn't realize it was in season now, but apparently so. I misunderstood Annie calling the fish fried and thought she called them 'fired.' They did have a more red appearance than normal and I was intrigued to know what cooking method was 'fired' (by the way, they were still in skin, so it's not the battered fried you might be picturing).
I also made a trip out to Coloanne hoping to eat at Lord Stowe's Garden Cafe but arriving too late. The last order is taken at 6:30 there and they close at 7. I hope if I ever own a restaurant that it is so successful I can open and close at whatever hours I choose.
Tonight I took in the value of my balcony and the warmth again, exercised with the basketball I purchased today and listened to a Southeast sermon on the 10 Commandments. Slam poetry is all the rage now apparently and there was a cool clip Dave Stone showed in the sermon but I can't find it online. Perhaps check out the whole sermon for this week--but hurry, they'll be updating it with the new week's soon.
Tomorrow I think I will get up early. Sundays are quite lovely days--here's to hoping yours is!
No comments:
Post a Comment