Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Grab a good desk and snuggle up

Today started with noisy 5th grade boys on 5 hours of sleep. I was sure that I was going to have a really mean Ms. Haww kind of day, but fortunately it went pretty well. English lunch today was a blast. Cora was the only one to show up because of midterms and Ray/Lauren leading a optional seminar during lunch about bilingual communication. Athena, Cora, and I had a goofy moment where we awarded Cora a juice box trophy that we deemed the FiPWTA. I can't remember what it stood for (Athena has the picture), but it was something ridiculous that included the words 'telegram,' 'wait' and 'award.' We even made her an official certificate with a crest that had licorice as part of the symbol. We got on the topic of licorice from a can of herbal tea that had 'Heal All' and licorice as ingredients in the ingredient list...interesting. I then tried to explain to Cora that licorice in the U.S. would often translate as the candy twists...I'm going to see if I can find some here at one of the westernized grocery stores just to show Cora.

After teaching today, I came home for a nap. (So no worries on my not getting sleep the night before). I spilled a little bit of coffee on my sheets this morning, so I washed those after work. Unfortunately, the amount of water in the air right now is ridiculous. Between the humidity and the rain today, mold is growing on some of the walls. Fortunately, I think my room has been spared because of my heater fan and disposable dehumidifiers. Anyway, the question is how do you dry your sheets/laundry when you have no dryer and the air is too wet? Voila:

Heater and jungle hanging system. This took up about 3/4 of my room and there were no sheets on my bed, so I made a pallet on the floor with my snuggies and took a nap under my desk. Hey, it worked. I felt like a kid making a fort/tent out of sheets again.

Yesterday was very warm, and today was nice apart from the rain. Apparently spring is pretty much non-existent here. It just jumps from winter to summer. Remember how quickly I freaked out about it getting cold for winter? Apparently fall is short too. I'm ready for sunshine, though I'm sure I'll regret sweating everywhere I go in a few weeks. Even still, emotions are interestingly tied to sunshine and I like being a happy happy girl...and maybe one who's a little less pale ;)

Hugs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

me understand paleface....dll